So, my addiction to pumpkin is out of control!! It has definitely helped me to get out of my food rut. This morning with my eggs I had pumpkin oatmeal, and it was delicious! I still hadn’t kicked that pumpkin craving by dinner time, so I made breakfast for dinner. I finally found a pumpkin pancake recipe, and I have been searching for a healthy pumpkin pancake recipe for a while now. I am so glad that I finally found one!
First, I would like to thank Kim from Running On Good for this delicious recipe! I have modified her recipe slightly and added it below. Please hop on over to her page and check out her original recipe! She also has a to die for pumpkin coffee posted on her page. Yum!
– 1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats
– 1/3 c pumpkin purée
– 2 egg whites
– 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tsp stevia
-1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste. I happen to love cinnamon, so I sometimes I add a little extra) (I added this to Kim’s recipe)
-1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I added this to Kim’s recipe)
1) In a food processor chop the oats to make an oat flour
2) In a bowl combine all of your ingredients and mix well.
3) Cook pancakes as you normally would in a frying pan that is sprayed with olive oil (In Kim’s original recipe she uses coconut oil. I have yet to try this).
Enjoy! I loved Kim’s idea of topping with almond butter. This is my favorite way to enjoy these pancakes, because I am not the maple syrup kind of girl.
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?