I was so excited today to open my email to a wonderful surprise of a nomination for a Liebster award! I want to thank Jenna from Little Green Running Shoes for the nomination! It truly made my day today.
To be honest when I received the nomination I had no idea what it was, so I immediately consulted Google to figure out what a Liebster award was. Google came up with tons of links to other blogs that had been nominated for a Liebster award. From reading a few other blog posts this is what I learned, the word Liebster is a German word for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The idea of the reward is to help new bloggers build a community and to connect with other bloggers!
Once a blogger is nominated, the blogger must complete the following:
1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself
3) Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
4) List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers from what you can tell! They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and some blogging love!
5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated.
6) Tell the 11 bloggers you nominated (no nominating the blogger who nominated you)!
11 things about me:
- I was recently married to the love of my life at the end of June.
- I teach biology at a local high school in Charlotte.
- My hair is constantly in a pony tail otherwise it has to be straightened to wear it down.
- I hate the smell of cheez-its. They smell like dog food to me?
- My husband and I call each other bub, because I hate most other endearing nick names.
- My all time favorite TV show is Friends!
- I heart Penn State (my alma matter for my undergraduate degree)!
- I love to read and cannot start a book without finishing it right away.
- I am a total science nerd and proud of it!
- I cannot watch anything gory or scary without running out of the room and hiding.
- I love to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins!
11 Questions from Jenna:
1. What’s your favorite ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
2. What’s your favorite outfit? Cute work out clothes from Nike. I am addited.
3. What’s your pet peeve? Someone cracking their knuckles. I absolutely cannot stand the sound.
4. Who do you admire most? My mom.
5. Pirates or Ninjas? Why? Pirates Duh! One movie…Pirates of the Carribean. I love Captain Jack Sparrow! Although, I wish Disney would stop making those obnoxious sequels.
6. What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Rugrats.
7. If you owned a cow what would you name it? Bessie. Sounds like a cow name to me!
8. Do you eat enough veggies? Some days. Not all days. Always working to include more in my diet.
9. Who is your favorite super hero? Why? This was a hard question to answer. I am going to have to go with Cat Woman, because she is a strong confident woman.
10. What have you learned today? I learned how to make healthy vegetarian lasagna!
11. What scares you? Cockroaches. I absolutely cannot kill them. The crunching sound freaks me out. Living in a cockroach infested apartment in Australia was pure hell!
11 bloggers that I nominate!
10. Sporty Mama Life
11. Me but Different
Questions for bloggers nominated:
1. If you could do any job in the world, what would you do?
2. What is your favorite place to vacation?
3. What is your favorite TV show?
4. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
5. What is your go to work out?
6. If you had to choose, college football or NFL? Why?
7. Early bird or Night owl?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. List one thing one your bucket list.
10. What is your favorite restaurant to eat out at?
11. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind of pets do you have?
Congrats to the bloggers nominated! Please spread the blog love and visit these awesome blogs!